Reduce How Much You Fly.
What's It Worth? ...
260 Football pitches worth of Arctic Ice, in just one day of flights …
Spain is the official favourite holiday destination for us Brits. One person flying one way to Tenerife from Manchester, equates to 2.1 square meters of Arctic ice that will melt due to the warming effect of the 0.7 tonnes of CO2 pumped into the atmosphere. If the average plane is carrying 100 people, that trip to Spain melted 210 square meters of Arctic Ice.
On the busiest day of the year, 8,800 flights come in or out of the UK. Now, they're not all going to or coming from Tenerife, but if they were, that would be 1.8 square km of melted Ice. That's the size of 260 Football pitches in one day.
There's a few options here, click for more info …
There’s no denying this is a tricky one - but we're not afraid of tricky!
• Staycations!! This country is breathtakingly beautiful
• If you can't cut out flying, try reducing it
• When you do have to fly, look at offsetting your carbon footprint
• Are there other means of travel a little closer to the ground?
add these on the page
Max Points 4000.
• 0 Points: If you continue to fly as much as you fly now
• 1000 Points: One less flight every three years
• 2000 Points: One less flight every two years
• 3000 Points: One less flight every year
• 4000 Points: If you've ditched flights all together
Award yourself Max Points if this isn't applicable to you.
e.g. Max Points for Nappies if you don't have a baby / Max Points for Drive Economically if you don't drive.
Here you'll find some helpful products, services or information that'll help you make the change.