Our Diets Have a Meaty Impact on the Planet.
What's It Worth? ...
Animal Agriculture is the leading cause of species extinction, ocean dead zones, water pollution and habitat destruction …
For the avid meat eaters amongst us, this will be a tough one ... one that might get you thinking 'Delete that pesky BETCH app'!
So why then? Animal Agriculture churns out more greenhouse emissions than the combined emissions of every single vehicle in the world (planes included). And, it leads the way for species extinction, ocean dead zones, water pollution and habitat destruction.
Check out this comparison: if we were to eat 75g of Beef per day, or 75g of Pasta per day:
• Annual Green House Gases: Beef 2820kg Vs Pasta 43kg
• Equivalent of Driving: Beef 7196 miles Vs Pasta 112 miles
• Heat your Home for: Beef 447 days. Vs Pasta 6 days
It's easier than you think … maybe try reducing first, or go cold turkey (or cold veggie turkey) …
It's a tough one to swallow isn't it (forgive the pun)? but there's simply too many humans for us to eat as much meat as we do.
It's easier than you think, whether you approach this from a cold-turkey strategy, or you reduce your meat intake slowly, you’ll be surprised how much veggie food will rock your world.
One of the toughest parts is ‘coming out’ to those that are still meat eaters. Good luck you veggie you!!!
add these on the page
Max Points 1000.
• 0 Points: If you eat meat 5 days a week or more
• 200 Points: If you eat meat 4 days a week
• 400 Points: If you eat meat 3 days a week
• 600 Points: If you eat meat 2 days a week
• 800 Points: If you eat meat 1 day a week
• 1000 Points: If you're a fully fledged Veggie
Award yourself Max Points if this isn't applicable to you.
e.g. Max Points for Nappies if you don't have a baby / Max Points for Drive Economically if you don't drive.
Here you'll find some helpful products, services or information that'll help you make the change.