Make Lunch Time the Best Time of the Day.
What's It Worth? ...
We eat a Croatia sized sandwich every year … That’s a lot of sandwich! …
We spend .... deep breath ... £8 billion a year on sandwiches a year in the UK!!! The impact seems even bigger when you see all the zeros ... £8,000,000,000!!!
If each one costs £3, that's nearly 2.7 billion sarnies. If we put all these together to make one big sandwich, it would be the size of Croatia! And that's just the Sandwiches.
Imagine how much packaging is required to wrap all these. They're very hard to recycle as they're lined with plastic and are often soiled with food remnants.
Don't get caught short and hangry at lunch time … click for more info …
So you don't get caught short, hangry at lunch time, with nowt to eat and the temptation of that packet sandwich, try:
• Planning your lunch and make it beforehand.
• Maybe make extras at dinner time for a doubly exciting lunch the next day.
• Take your lunch with you to work or school or college or on a walk or on a trip to the shops.
However you do it, let's see if we can save Croatia from another massive country sized sandwich next year.
add these on the page
Max Points 200.
• 0 Points: If your lunches come wrapped in single use packaging every day
• 40 Points: If you're One Day free of packaging per week
• 80 Points: If you're Two Days free of packaging per week
• 120 Points: If you're Three Days free of packaging per week
• 160 Points: If you're Four Days free of packaging per week
• 200 Points: If you're free of packaging Every Day of the week
Award yourself Max Points if this isn't applicable to you.
e.g. Max Points for Nappies if you don't have a baby / Max Points for Drive Economically if you don't drive.
Here you'll find some helpful products, services or information that'll help you make the change.