Are Your Eyes Bigger Than Your Belly?
What's It Worth? ...
We chuck away 4.5 million tonnes of edible food … and we are spending £60 a month for the privilege ...
In the UK alone, we're chucking away 4.5 million tonnes of edible food waste each year. That's enough to fill 38 million wheelie bins! Put those bins end to end and you could wrap them around the world with some to spare!
The excess alone costs us approx. £19 billion & 19 million tonnes of CO2. The average family of 4 could save about £60 per month by reducing their food waste.
Try your hand at a couple of these … click for more info …
There's a few bits you can do:
• Plan your meals first, then plan your shopping to match
• Reduce your portions so that you finish what's on your plate
• Look after your food so it lasts longer
And check out the below website for more great ideas, hints and tips.
add these on the page
Max Points 300.
• 0 Points: If you're regularly have food going off or going in the bin
• 100 Points: Once your meal planner is up and running
• Another 100 Points: Once your portion sizes match your appetite
• The Full 300 Points: Once you're fully on board, reducing food waste left, right and centre
Award yourself Max Points if this isn't applicable to you.
e.g. Max Points for Nappies if you don't have a baby / Max Points for Drive Economically if you don't drive.
Here you'll find some helpful products, services or information that'll help you make the change.